So I have posted several times about my new adventures in sewing. Today I packed up my new sewing machine, material, thread and accessories and headed to my friend Cynthia’s house. She had offered to show me how to make this cute apron in a bag that she learned to make at church. Besides the fact that I came with everything except the power cord (I had to go back home and get it) and the machine jammed, it was a good afternoon.
I learned that if you have the wrong needle in the machine it may jam. We were using a heavy twill fabric that needed a stronger needle than the one the machine came with. What do I know. Anyway after changing the needle, we didn’t have the jamming again. The twill that Cynthia used is thinner than the twill that I bought and was easier to sew. So this apron will be my prototype. It required a bit of cutting and lots of pinning and ironing. The sewing part was the shortest part of the process. Anyway she did most of it but I left with the pattern in muslin and I am going to attempt the whole thing on my own!